I have some great news for all of you! As many of you know, I made a tough decision to change my blog name. Though I love Backlist Books, and it has served me well, I feel like it's not quite right for what I do here anymore, and I wanted to find a name that more accurately represents me and my blog.
After much thought, I finally settled on Rain City Reads - Rain City being a popular nickname for my hometown of Vancouver. I also decided to make the switch over to WordPress so that I could have a bit more control over my blog and utilize some of the tools not available on Blogger.
It's taken some time and a lot of swearing, but I've finally got my new blog up and running with a design that, for now at least, I like.
It's a little bit sad for me to say goodbye to the blog that I've been building single-handedly on and off for nearly six years now. This blog has not only been a place for me to share my bookish enthusiasm, but it has also led me to many wonderful friends - like you - and for that, I owe it a debt. But as much as I've loved blogging here, it's time for change. So without further ado, I'd like to unveil my new blog home, and I hope that all of you will come with me and check it out!
Visit my new blog at www.raincityreads.com.
A few things to bear in mind during my transition:
- I won't be posting on Backlist Books anymore, but you can find new content on my new blog, Rain City Reads.
- In a week or two I'll be redirecting backlistbooks.ca to my new blog - so if you suddenly find yourself somewhere new, don't panic!
- If you follow me by email (MailChimp) don't worry - I've transferred over my mailing list to the new blog so you don't have to re-subscribe. You'll start receiving emails from Rain City Reads instead of Backlist Books shortly, and of course, if you no longer wish to receive emails you can unsubscribe (though I hope you'll stick with me!). **I'm having some issues getting the images to load from my new blog, so if emails are missing images until I figure it out, my apologies!
- Because my new blog is WordPress, I can't take my GFC followers with me. So if that's your primary way of keeping tabs on me, be sure to head over and follow me by email or on Bloglovin'!
- Though I'm ready to start posting on my new blog, I'm still tweaking the design slightly and haven't been able to go through every old post and link on the page to update them all yet, so please be patient with minor issues as I work on all the details (and feel free to let me know if you find any problems)!
- Don't forget to update your bookmarks and feeds with my new URL.
Thanks for your patience with my distracted blogging over the past few weeks. I hope to see you over there!