I had another good reading month in March - lots of books finished, and quite a range of selections. Some books amused me, others inspired me, and still others (*ahem* A Little Life *ahem*) utterly destroyed me.
I also started school again (I'm doing classes in editing), began planting my patio garden and ended up briefly in the hospital (don't worry, I'm home and seem to be fine!). Spring is just around the corner, and though in my part of the world the end of winter and the beginning of spring both basically mean rain, there's still a little frisson in the air if you really look for it.
Books I read in April:
- The Sweetness At the Bottom of the Pie - Alan Bradley (Not yet reviewed)
- Anne of the Island - L.M. Montgomery (Not yet reviewed)
- We Should All Be Feminists - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Not yet reviewed)
- Anne of Windy Poplars - L.M. Montgomery (Not yet reviewed)
- Crime Seen - Kate Lines
- Blood On Snow - Jo Nesbø
- A Little Life - Hanya Yanagihara (Not yet reviewed)
- God Help the Child - Toni Morrison
- Nothing Like Love - Sabrina Ramnanan
- Citizen - Claudia Rankine (Not yet reviewed)
- Dept. of Speculation - Jenny Offill (Not yet reviewed)
I read seven of the ten books I said I was going to read in April, and given what a mood reader I am, I'd say that's pretty good!
Other things you might have missed in April:
- I listed some inspirational quotes
- I wrote a discussion post in defense of book reviews
- I shared my favourite authors of all time
- I wrote a guide to how to readathon successfully
- And I participated in Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon
- I shared some of my favourite funny or inspiring characters
Looking forward to May, I've got some great books coming up! I'm part way through a few different books, all of which I'm enjoying. And I've got quite a few lined up!
Books I plan to read in May:
- On the Move - Oliver Sacks
- The Children's Crusade - Ann Packer
- The Big Bad Book of Bill Murray - Robert Schnakenberg
- Life After Life - Kate Atkinson
- The Shore - Sara Taylor
- A God In Ruins - Kate Atkinson
- Boo - Neil Smith
- The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B - Teresa Toten
- Anne's House of Dreams - L.M. Montgomery
- Our Endless Numbered Days - Claire Fuller
That about closes the book (sorry, couldn't resist) on April. What about you guys? Read any great books in the past month? Got any great reading planned for May? Share in the comments!